Accountant IT Support
CPA’s are particularly targeted in spear phishing attacks because of the sensitive financial information that they have control over. These types of attacks are not only hazardous for your clients, but also for your practice. 60% of companies go out of business within 6 months of a data breach. Pair that with a $100,000 fine from the FTC for failing to secure data, and you’ve got a big mess on your hands.
Not only is it difficult to 100% secure your client’s data, but it is required by law that you can document your attempts at encrypting, and securing your clients data.
In July 2019 the “Security Six” was released, stating that all accountants, bookkeepers, EA’s, and anybody with a PTIN, needs to have 6 levels of security protecting their clients. Basic requirements are:
3. 2FA Where Possible
If you are not familiar with any of those terms, or want a piece of mind check from a technician to see if you have the bare minimum, schedule a quick call and we can remotely check your system to see if it has adequate.
How Rush Tech Support Helps CPA’s
- Less Downtime = More Money
- Expert vs. Amature
- Allows you to work from home
- Faster machines
- Better communication between devices
- IT Costs that don’t fluctuate, just one low monthly expense – less than even one minimum wage employee (and we don’t call out sick!)
- IRS Publication 4557 Compliance
- Follow AICPA Guidelines
- Protect Your Clients Financial Information
- Backup & Disaster Recovery
- 99.9% Uptime So You Can Make More $
- Work Remotely Without Being In The Office
- Virus Protection
- Proactive Patch Management
- 24/7 Monitoring & Security
You went to school to be a CPA and be an accountant. You are a business owner, not a computer tech. We hire CPA’s to do our taxes, even though the owner has a financial planning degree – we know the value of what expertise brings to the table. A great CPA pays for themselves, just like a great IT improves efficiency so you can make more money!